Saturday, December 10, 2016

Giving it Away

This morning I received a message from a friend who bought the kindle edition of my book a few weeks ago. They were taken aback that they paid money for the book to support me and now I was giving the book away. 
Don't misunderstand, their concern was that they felt I shouldn't give my hard work away, they weren't mad that they paid for it and now it was free. I wanted to take a minute to address this in case anyone else feels similarly. Yes, writing is my job and Lord, yes, I need the money. But here's two reasons I agreed to this weekend's campaign: I want to share my book with others, and not just my friends and family. I'm self-published and I don't know a lot about how to market my book. This is one way to broaden my reach. Two: I not only want to share my book, I feel like I should share it. If you've read it you might have noticed it's not just about me. It's also about the fabulousness of human nature and, being a true story, I think right now we need more stories like this. So if you paid for my book, I am extremely grateful. If you got it but it's not in your budget right now. No worries, I want you to have it. Just please pay it forward. Which means, do some kindness in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment